JOB TITLE: Data Migration / DBA
REPORTING TO: CTO (Chief Technical Officer).
JOB PURPOSE: The role involves working in a small highly focused team to migrate the data for new customers from existing systems into the Aerona Clinic solution. This person will also be responsible for maintaining the database, backups and improving efficiency within the database.
- To design, code, test, debug and document migration scripts.
- Monitoring performance and performing performance tuning to provide fast responses to front-end users.
- Developing, managing and testing back-up and recovery plans
- Design and implement clustering, Replication and Mirroring if required.
- To input into the design and development process for solutions using existing and new technologies
- To ensure adherence to agreed project time scales and deliverables
- To provide regular project status updates as and when required
- To develop professional relationships with customers that identify requirements and ensure swift delivery and high satisfaction
- To provide ongoing support to customers
- To participate in all aspects of the project life cycle as and when required
- Build data visualizations and cross-functional reporting that conveys key performance metrics, significant trends for our clients.
- Adapt and extend existing data models to take into account of new features/content that are released on live service
- Develop well-organized, insightful data points, reports, dashboards, and other forms of data visualizations to support KPI progress and strategic business decisions.
- Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after hours.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Solid educational background and academic performance is required. Computer Science degree is preferred
- Minimum of 3 years experience as a DBA
- Thorough understanding of RDBMS and architecture with emphasis preferably on MySQL.
- Thorough understanding of database performance monitoring and analysis tools.
- Thorough understanding of database mirroring and transaction log shipping.
- Expertise in database server specification, performance tuning, analysis and optimization.
- Strong Experience in database disaster recovery planning and recovery.
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex database administration problems.
- Experience in administrating/configuring databases in a Windows clustered environment
- Ability to work with database developers and engineers to analyze and resolve database performance issues.
- The ability to work quickly, under pressure and to deadlines
The following skills would also be an advantage, but are not essential:
- Java based web technologies including, Spring, JQuery, JSON, JSP, JSTL
- Web technologies including HTML5 and CSS
- Experience in workflow solutions, healthcare management and patient centric applications
- Experience with business intelligence and other reporting tools is a plus
- Experience with Windows Server 2012
- A team player with excellent interpersonal skills who is open, communicative, pragmatic and intellectually robust
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Committed to quality
- Lateral thinker with the ability to develop and implement creative solutions
- Self-motivated with a positive ‘can-do’ attitude
- Self-disciplined and capable of working under pressure
- Good written and oral presentation skills
- Professional manner with good customer facing skills